My primary research interest is in the area of electronic and structural properties of π-conjugated organic semiconductors, with a special focus on graphene-related materials. Sp2-materials present a growing interest in particular in the field of communication and information technologies. Organic field-effect transistors (OFET), light emitting diodes (LED) and solar panels are promising applications for these organic semiconductors. One of the key points to reach high performances with such devices using conjugated polymers is the elaboration of highly organized structures on surfaces at the single-molecular scale to promote higher electron mobility. Many organic and bio-organic polymers have been used to create a variety of nanomaterials with periodic features from a few nanometers to a few microns. However, the conformational freedom of typical (one-dimensional, 1D) polymer chains, and poorly defined supramolecular architecture of the resulting materials (“soft condensed matter”) limits their application in the areas where a high degree of order needs to be maintained (e.g., electronics). Despite being in its infancy, the introducing of a second dimension in the polymer (i.e. creating continuous 2D polymer sheets) represents a promising opportunity.
- C. Tournier-Colletta, L. Cardenas, Y. Fagot-Revurat, B. Kierren, A. Tejeda, D.Malterre, P. Le Fevre, F. Bertran, and A. Taleb-Ibrahimi, “Bipolaronic insulator on alkali/Si(111):B-2(√3x√3) R30”. Phys. Rev. B. 82, 165429, (2010).
- C. Tournier-Colletta, L. Cardenas, Y. Fagot-Revurat, B. Kierren, D. Malterre, “Spectral function of the K/Si(111):B surface state: the bipolaronic CDW scenario”. J. Electron. Spectrosc. Relat. Phenom. 181, 1, (2010).
- L. Cardenas. “Etude des propriétés structurales et spectroscopiques des couches ultra-minces d’alcalins déposes sur Si(111)-B”.156 pages, (2010), Ph. D thesis.
- L. Cardenas, Y. Fagot-Revurat, L. Moreau, B. Kierren and D. Malterre, “Surface-state bipolaron formation on a triangular lattice in the sp-type alkali/Si(111) Mott insulator”. Phys. Rev. Lett. 103, 046804, (2009).
- L. Cardenas, Y. Fagot-Revurat L. Moreau, B. Kierren, and D. Malterre, “Novel bi-polaronic ground state in K/Si(111):B”. E-J. Surf. Sci. Nanotech. 7, (2009), 259.
- L. Cardenas, A. Rodriguez, F. Rueda, R. Casanova, A. Loaiza, “Oxygen and Hydrogen Adsorption Studies by Means of the Kelvin Probe on an Iron Phyllosilicate”. Rev. LatinAm. Metal. Mat. 24, 2, (2004).