In advancing photovoltaic technologies, quantum dot (QD) based solar cells has shown great promise in reducing the cost and enhancing the efficiency of light-harvesting systems compared to single crystal silicon cells – the efficiency of which is limited by the Shockley-Queisser limit. My project is aimed to electrically characterize the QD with different diameter and compositions and to better understand the exciton dynamic in both SILAR and colloidal QDs using scanning probe microscopy.
- A. Soudi, C.H. Hsu, and Y. Gu “Diameter-Dependent Surface Photovoltage and Surface State Density In Single Semiconductor Nanowires”, Nano Letters, 12, 5111 (2012).
- E. Mafi, A. Soudi, and Y. Gu “Electronically driven amorphization in phase-change In2Se3 nanowires”, Accepted for publication in Journal of Physical Chemistry C, (2012).
- A. Soudi, G. Aivazian, X. D. Xu, S. F. Shi, and Y. Gu “Probing transconductance spatial variations in chemical vapor deposition-grown graphene nanoribbon field-effect transistors using scanning gate microscopy”, Applied Physics Letters, 100, 033115 (2012).
- A. Soudi, R. D. Dawson, and Y. Gu, “Quantitative heat dissipation characteristics in current-carrying GaN nanowires probed by combining scanning thermal microscopy and spatially resolved Raman spectroscopy “, ACS Nano, 5, 255 (2011).
- A.Soudi, P.Dhakal, andY.Gu,”Diameter dependence of the minority carrier diffusion length in individual ZnO nanowires”, Applied physics Letters, 96, 253115 (2010).
- A. Soudi, R. Lopez,Jr., R. D. Dawson, and Y. Gu, “Anharmonic phonon coupling in vapor-liquid- solid grown ZnO nanowires”, Applied Physics Letters, 95, 193111 (2009).
- A. Soudi, E. Khan, J. T. Dickinson, and Y. Gu, “Observation of unintentionally incorporated nitrogen-related complexes in ZnO and GaN nanowires”, Nano Letters, 9 ,1844 (2009).